About me

My photo
I'm just an ordinary girl who like to share everything to be a blessing
Feeds RSS
Feeds RSS

Monday, August 30, 2010

Men are like Wafers, Women are like Spaghetti


            You may be curious about the title of this article, so I will explain it first. The title is not talking about both men and women physical characteristics, but their general attitude and the way in which they live their lives. “Men are like wafers”, it means men will live their lives inside “squares”. If you observed a wafer, you will realize that wafer consists of many squares that are separated from each other. Men’s mindset is dividing inside the “squares” which have only a problem in each. On the other hand, women are able to make connection between two or more problems with other problems in their lives. It is just like a plate of spaghetti. Have you ever observed spaghetti? You will see that every long thin piece of spaghetti is connecting each others. Then, in the following paragraph I want to say that men’s and women’s different mindset has a profound influence on their way in communication. However, the difference does not have to be a problem for the “wafer” and the “spaghetti”.
Both men and women are different in the way they communicate. Men usually begin their conversation if there is something important that need to share; also, they will not talk about something else if they talk about one particular topic in their one “square”. For example, when some “wafers” have a conversation about a motorcycle; they will always focus on the topic about motorcycle during their conversation. Unlike men, women do not only like to build a conversation, but also to connect some topics in one conversation. “Spaghetti” is able to connect a long thin piece of motorcycle with another piece of love or the other, within one conversation. Then, let me give you a simple example about that women’s unique way in conversation and I hope you can realize the differences.
One day, Agung and Alfian were having a light conversation. Agung said, “hi Alfian..do you know that Afgan has a new motorcycle?”. Alfian said, “Oh yeah... I have already known that since I met him in the parking lot this morning, don’t you think his new Absolute Revo is cool…? “Yes, I do agree with you, the design is elegant though it is simple, Revo looks stronger than Mio”, Agung replied. Then, if that conversation occurs on women, it will be different. Ica said “Hi Aci…do you know that Afgan has a new motorcycle?” “Oh yeah it is Revo, isn’t it? Oh my God, He looks more gorgeous with it. Do you think so?”,  Aci replied enthusiastically. “Hmm….yeah… but I still don’t like him because he is a smoker…I feel uncomfortable with the smoke smell”, said Ica. “Oh...  do not underestimate him...he is our senior...hmm...by the way does he have a girl friend?” “Ha-ha…yes he does, I think he has…please do not be broken heart”, Ica’s joke. Well, do you understand the difference between men and women in communication? The ability to connect some different topics in a conversation can be found easier in “spaghetti” than in “wafers”.
However, the different way in communication between men and women brings them in a problem, sometimes. That is why the last thing that I want to share is how to make a delicious combination of “wafers” and “spaghetti”. Maybe you know that men who like to stay in a one “square”, will get confused and tired to jump from one square to another when they chat with women who love to connect every long thin piece of their “spaghetti”. We cannot claim that the difference is a problem because we can make it more “delicious”. The “delicious combination” is being humble to be a good listener for your interlocutor. There should be love and respect in the communication between men and women; therefore, they can enjoy their conversation. Whoever you are, you can be a delicious “wafer” or “spaghetti” if you want to.









2 comments:

Mas Dhee said...

Nice Post.. ^^

Mita's Diary said...

thanks..
haha.. tp masih garing nie blognya..